I had began playing around with the files in Bambu Studio prepping the pieces for printing. I got distracted a few times and really didn't keep track of what I was doing, so when I went to print out the parts the first parts (end caps, sights) were scaled up to full size. The rockect was as the original size. Which in a way worked out. I was going to do a white rocket with black fins with a copper metallic top. Kind of my take on a "Copperhead Missle", lol. Unfortunately my copper filament was a bit old and brittle and casued a clog in my AMS unit. Hence the wrong size of the other parts.
Once everything was sorted out, I grabbed what PLA filaments I had the most of, and set about to printing.
I just purchased a Bambu Labs X1 Carbon from Matter Hackers and it came with a few spools of PLA. This was a great piece to test out their filament.
The Rocket body is Matter Hackers Silver, Nose is Matter Hackers White, the Tip is just some Red Sil I had, most likely DO3D.
The Main and Inner Tubes are Matter Hackers Black PLA. The rest of the components are Matter Hackers Silver.
For the hinges I just used some filament and a soldering iron. With the soldering iron, I flattened the tip of the filament, slid it into the hinge, trimmed to legth and flattened the other side. Just short, light taps with the soldering iron is all it takes to "button top" the filament.
All of the supports were done in the respective PLA colors but I had the advantage and PLEASURE of being able to use a sample spool of the Bambu Labs PLA Support Filament! OH WOW! What a difference in post processing this made. Even the parts where the supports were "tough" they came away with not much fuss. I would say at LEAST 95% to 98% of the supports just pulled away like skin from a Thanksgiving Turkey! Very little blood and sweat on my part!
This print is a "non-firing" purely wall candy model. I have to admit, I was a bit confused on how everything was to be assembled. But now that I have a better understanding on how the Rob, Tubes and Sights work I may do a full scale sized print with proper screws and springs.
So, on the bench we have a Halo M7 Magnum. Ready to prime then paint either later tonight or tomorrow. On the printers we have a Silencer and Laser Sight for the Magnum. I'm thinking of a look like the last photo with a few variations. Though there was a vote from Nikki for a camo job. I MAY try the digital since it is a bigger print. Maybe use the Cricut Explore Air 2 and an 8x11 sheet of card stock to do the digital stencil. Maybe some black, and greys.